- Using Project Based Learning in your classroom is the perfect way to have your students incorporate reading, writing, math, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in a fun, real-life context. In these PBL units, students will complete a variety of rigorous and engaging real world tasks such$25.00$45.00Save $20.00
Using Project Based Learning in your classroom is the perfect way to have your students incorporate reading, writing, math, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in a fun, real-life context. In this PBL unit, students will plan a road trip to the national parks for them and their family! As they prepare for their adventure, they will create a realistic budget for their vacation.
Give your students choice! As they work through this PBL, they will have the opportunity to make lots of decisions that will help to personalize their learning! In addition, I have included both a 5th and 6th grade version AS WELL AS a 3rd and 4th grade version. This provides a wealth of scaffolds so that you can differentiate in your classroom and
THIS PROJECT BASED LEARNING ACTIVITY IS NO PREP! JUST PRINT AND GO!
Please click the preview button, and/or watch the video to get a sense of how much your students will love this PBL experience.
Included in this PBL project you will receive the following:
- Teacher PBL Notes
- PBL Design Elements
- The Family Meeting
- Let's Explore Our National Parks
- List of National Parks with clickable links
- Give Me Five
- The Final Three
- The Bare Necessities
- I'm Visiting ______
- Facts and Figures
- Must See Locations
- Map Your Route
- Park Planner
- Shopping at the Stuff Mart
- It's My Jam
- Com Fly with Me (3rd & 4th AND 5th & 6th Version)
- We Get Around (3rd & 4th AND 5th & 6th Version)
- What to Do What to Do (3rd & 4th AND 5th & 6th Version)
- Put Us Up For the Night (3rd & 4th AND 5th & 6th Version)
- Grab me Some Grub (3rd & 4th AND 5th & 6th Version)
- Our National Park Road Trip
- A Walk Around the Campground
- Life in ______
- Hello From __________
- Snapshots of ______
- My Travel Journal
- A Day in the Life of a Park Ranger
- Cities of ________
- Make a National Park Brochure Project
- 10 National Parks Doodle Reports PLUS BLANK
- Project Reflections
- Project Critique
IMPORTANT: The 5th and 6th Grade version of this PBL asks students to do some research to complete selected tasks. Useful website links have been provided. HOWEVER, if you choose not to have your students do online research, ALL NECESSARY SCAFFOLDS have been provided so that students can successfully complete this project without completing their own research.
I know you and your students will have so much fun on this PBL adventure!
Let's Stay Connected
Click HERE to receive fun FREE classroom resources as well as classroom tips and fun teacher hacks from Tied 2 Teaching! You can also text TIED2TEACHING TO 22828 to receive the same exclusive classroom goodies!
Questions or Comments?
We welcome all questions or comments! Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I Love My Followers
Look for the green star at the top of the page next to my store logo. Click it to become a follower. When you do this, you’ll receive customized email updates about Tied 2 Teaching, and information about sales and new products!
Don't forget to leave feedback to earn points to use towards FREE TPT purchases!