"Plan in a Can" returns! Another jam-packed, time-saving, set of emergency sub plans for sick days, emergencies, or times when you find yourself in a pinch! Grab these at-the-ready plans, use simple forms to quickly fill out info for your sub, and your plans are done!
Plan in a Can 2 has a fun "wild canines" theme--read about Australian dingos, solve word problems about grey wolves, and practice multiplication while learning cool coyote facts!
Plan in a Can:2 for grades 4-5 saves you all of the time you'd spend prepping for a sub, and includes everything you need to ensure that your students spend their day engaged in MEANINGFUL learning activities.
Everything you need (including CLEARLY WRITTEN SUB PLANS) for 6+ hours of lessons and activities is included in this packet.
You don't need to plan an absence to make use of the great lessons in "Plan in a Can"! This packet includes many printables and activities that can be used over and over again.
Check out the extensive preview for an excerpt from "Dingos: Australia's Wild Dogs", two sample worksheets, and more. (Preview is compressed for size. Actual product is premium quality.)
Here's what inside:
1. "Dingos: Australia's Wild Dogs", an engaging non-fiction book about dingos, with full-color photos, a glossary of terms, and is easily reproducible (no time-consuming assembly), and appropriate for most 4th-grade readers. (20 half-pages)
2. Dingo Comprehension Quizzes: One short answer comprehension quiz, and one multiple choice quiz to support different levels of learners.
3. "Diary of a Dingo Expert" writing activity in which students use facts from the non-fiction book to create an observational journal of dingo behavior. Helpful instructional handout with examples and journal entry sheets.
4. Grey Wolf Math Practice: Students practice basic fractions, percents, area, and finding averages while learning cool facts about grey wolves.
5. Flip-Book Study Guide: Create a cool study guide for studying facts or vocabulary from any content area. Comes with illustrated how-to.
6. Latin Root Spelling List: 15 Spelling words with common Latin roots (such as spectator, inspection, fracture, fraction).
7. Latin Root Definition Worksheet: Students use clues to match Spelling words with their meanings.
8. Coyote Multiplication Practice: Students practice basic multiplication facts to 100 to reveal the answers to cool trivia questions about coyotes.
9. Answer keys for all worksheets.
10. Four pages of helpful forms for substitutes, including templates for important information on students' medical conditions, schedule, discipline plan, end-of-day procedures, and more.
11. A "Copy Room Quick Guide" for when you're really in a pinch and need someone else to make copies for you (or just want to stay extra-organized).
"Plan in a Can: Wild Canines" is full of engaging activities you can use again and again.
If you're planning an absence (or just want lots of fresh and fun materials), give yourself the gift of time and peace of mind that your plans are already ready--just open a "Plan in a Can"!