Sick? Emergency Day? In a jam? Relax. Open a "Plan in a Can" and your sub plans are done!
"Plan in a Can!: Kindergarten and First Grade" saves you all of the time you'd spend prepping for a sub and includes everything you need to ensure that your students spend their day engaged in MEANINGFUL learning activities.
Everything you need (including CLEARLY WRITTEN SUB PLANS) for a full day of lessons and activities is included in this packet. Print, copy, add a few details. Done.
Check out the 10-page preview for a look at the included guided reading book, lesson plans, and differentiated worksheets!
Here's what inside:
Activities have a theme based on the included original read-aloud book, "In My Rainbow Garden".
1. SUB PLANS: Complete, easy-to-follow, sub plans for all activities. Many options for you to simply check a box to indicate your instructional preferences.
2. CALENDAR ACTIVITY SHEET: "What's Up, Buttercup?" Morning Check-In Sheet prompts students to record the date, note the weather and season, and complete a brief writing and illustration activity to share personal thoughts and news. Use again and again!
3. GUIDED READING BOOK: Printable book, "In My Rainbow Garden", which uses colors and other adjectives to describe the plants and animals found on a garden walk. Accessible on a variety of reading levels, and created for students to color in, too!
4. WRITING EXTENSION: "In My Rainbow Garden" Mini Book Writing Extension, in which children write and illustrate their own small book about what they might experience on a walk through a garden.
5. READING ACTIVITY: Rainbow Garden Describing Words double-sided worksheet helps students have fun identifying adjectives that describe the garden items from the book.
6. SIGHT WORD GAME: "Roll and Read" Sight Word Game: Four unique game boards for a simple and fun game in which partners practice reading common sight words (60 words in all). Packet includes black and white game boards, as well as beautiful full-color boards, and blank boards so you can customize with your own words!
7. SCIENCE LABELING: Plant Labeling Worksheet lets students cut, glue, and label a complete plant illustration to practice reading and decoding words.
8. INDEPENDENT READING ACTIVITY: Target Word Spotter Sheet for use during independent reading helps students spot and record featured words you choose, such as spelling words, sight words, or word families as they read.
9. ADDITION PRACTICE: Three Sheets of Differentiated Addition Practice: Pictorial Addition, Sums to 10, and Sums to 20, plus answer keys.
10. VITAL FORMS FOR SUBS: Five pages of helpful forms for substitutes, including templates for important information on students' medical conditions, schedule, discipline plan, end-of-day procedures, partner assignments, and more.
12. COPY GUIDE: A "Copy Room Quick Guide" for when you're really in a pinch and need someone else to make copies for you (or just want to stay extra-organized).
If you're planning an absence (or just want lots of fresh and fun materials), give yourself the gift of time and peace of mind that your plans are already ready--just open a "Plan in a Can"!
Remember, you don't need to plan an absence to make use of the great lessons in "Plan in a Can"! This packet includes many printables and activities that can be used over and over again.