How many times have you wished you had a knockout set of lesson plans at-the-ready for days when emergencies, an illness, or workshops keep you out of the classroom? The last thing we want to do when we're sick or busy handling emergencies is worry about preparing a full day of plans.
"Plan in a Can!: Grade 3" saves you all of the time you'd spend prepping for a sub and includes everything you need to ensure that your students spend their day engaged in MEANINGFUL learning activities.
Everything you need (including CLEARLY WRITTEN SUB PLANS) for 6+ hours of lessons and activities is included in this packet. Print, copy, done.
You don't need to plan an absence to make use of the great lessons in "Plan in a Can"! This packet includes many printables and activities that can be used over and over again.
Check out the 8-page preview for an excerpt from "Incredible Hummingbirds" and a glimpse at comprehension quizzes, printables, lesson plans, and more!
Here's what inside:
Activities have a subtle bird theme--hummingbird book, lorikeet multiplication color-by-number, and bird-themed area word problems.
1. Complete, easy-to-follow, sub plans for all activities.
2. Area Math Practice and Challenge Sheets: two worksheets for practice in finding the area of rectangles, one on-level, and one above. Both with answer keys.
3. Independent Book Response: multi-use prompt sheet for responding to chapter books (uses skills like making predictions, connections, questioning, and personal responses.) Includes completed sample to aid with instruction.
4. Rainbow Lorikeet Color-by-Number: Students complete multiplication problems (products of 77 and under) and use a code to color in illustrated birds. Answer key included.
5. "Incredible Hummingbirds" printable non-fiction book (15 half-sheets with no complicated assembly; print and staple). Approximate equivalent to "Reading A to Z" level N-O. 1,000 words. Lots of beautiful photographs; it even includes a recipe for hummingbird nectar!
6. "Incredible Hummingbirds" Mini Book: students use pre-printed pages to write and illustrate an important idea from each chapter of the non-fiction book after reading.
7. Reading Comprehension Check: Two differentiated worksheets to check comprehension. One worksheet prompts full-sentence answers, while the other offers fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice questions. Both with answer keys.
8. ABC Chart: a multi-use graphic organizer for use with any content-area reading material of your choice (Science, Social Studies, Health, etc.).
9. Spelling Lists: A 15-word list of common 3rd-grade sight words, and a challenge list of age appropriate, commonly misspelled words.
10. "Monkey on My Back" Spelling Practice: Students practice their Spelling words with partners, using a fun, original game.
11. Four pages of helpful forms for substitutes, including templates for important information on students' medical conditions, schedule, discipline plan, end-of-day procedures, and more.
12. A "Copy Room Quick Guide" for when you're really in a pinch and need someone else to make copies for you (or just want to stay extra-organized).
If you're planning an absence (or just want lots of fresh and fun materials), give yourself the gift of time and peace of mind that your plans are already ready--just open a "Plan in a Can"!