How many times have you wished you had a knockout set of lesson plans at-the-ready for days when emergencies, an illness, or workshops keep you out of the classroom? The last thing we want to do when we're sick or busy handling emergencies is worry about preparing a full day of plans.
"Plan in a Can!: 2nd Grade" saves you all of the time you'd spend prepping for a sub and includes everything you need to ensure that your students spend their day engaged in MEANINGFUL learning activities.
Everything you need (including CLEARLY WRITTEN SUB PLANS) for 6+ hours of lessons and activities is included in this packet. Print, copy, done.
You don't need to plan an absence to make use of the great lessons in "Plan in a Can"! This packet includes tons of printables and activities that can be used over and over again.
Check out the preview for a look at what's inside, including an excerpt of a list of 17 COMMON CORE STANDARDS MET with "Plan in a Can" activities! (Preview is compressed to meet size limitations; actual product is premium quality!)
Here's what inside:
Activities have an exciting ocean theme, including guided reading book, "Awesome Octopi"!
1. Complete, easy-to-follow, sub plans for all activities.
2. Ocean Animal Word Problems: 2-pages of addition, subtraction, and data graphing.
3. Two double-digit addition sheets, with and without regrouping.
4. "Awesome Octopi" printable non-fiction book (9 half-sheets with no complicated assembly; print and staple). Approximate equivalent to "Reading A to Z" level K. Lots of beautiful photographs, glossary, and boldfaced key words to support and excite readers!
5. "Awesome Octopi" Mini Book: students use pre-printed pages to write and illustrate an important idea from each chapter of the non-fiction book after reading.
6. Reading Comprehension Check: Double-sided quiz for "Awesome Octopi" post-reading prompts students to recall information from reading and think critically.
7. Lunchtime in the Ocean!: A fun activity which prompts critical thinking. Student scientists match sea animal bodies with the clues about what helps them eat and protects them from being eaten!
8. Spelling List: A 10-word list of common 2nd-grade sight words.
9. "Sunken Treasure Spelling": An easy and fun printable board game helps students practice Spelling words. (Blank board for customization included, too!)
10. "Chapter Mix-Up": Readers match sentences to the right chapter headings and practice important skills understanding how non-fiction information is organized.
11. Plural Noun Practice: Two-sided worksheet and lesson on changing singular nouns to plural nouns by adding "s" and "es".
12. Ocean Word Search: Perfect for early finishers!
13. Four pages of helpful forms for substitutes, including templates for important information on students' medical conditions, schedule, discipline plan, end-of-day procedures, and more.
14. A "Copy Room Quick Guide" for when you're really in a pinch and need someone else to make copies for you (or just want to stay extra-organized).
If you're planning an absence (or just want lots of fresh and fun materials), give yourself the gift of time and peace of mind that your plans are already ready--just open a "Plan in a Can"!