Do you want your students to take their faith more seriously? Want them to live more intentionally and with a focus on things that really matter in life? Then check out this assignment.
Inspired by a holy friend and mentor, Plan to Be a Saint is designed to help your students prayerfully discern the kind of saint God is calling them to be and then create a vision for how they can work towards a life of true holiness and purpose. Not only is this an assignment that students really enjoy, but it has the possibility of being incredibly life-changing for them as well.
This assignment asks students to:
- Come up with a personal mission statement that defines who you are and how you will live.
- Create a list of positive “I” statements which describe you as if you were already the best version of yourself.
- Set short and long-term S.M.A.R.T. goals that can help motivate you and lead you in the direction of being who God is calling you to be.
- Think of 3 heroes (on earth or in Heaven) that possess qualities or characteristics that you would like to imitate in your own life.
Stories and examples (along with 9 pages of extremely detailed, step-by-step notes on exactly what to do and say throughout this multiple-day lesson) will help you teach and explain the grand scope of this assignment. Plan to Be a Saint can be used in connection with New Year Resolutions, the season of Lent, the close of a school year, lessons on Jesus/saints/discipleship, or any time you want your students to pull back a bit to reflect on their lives and do something that will draw them closer to God and the saints He wants them to be.
Included in your digital download:
- Plan to Be a Saint Lesson Plan (extremely detailed, step-by-step notes on exactly what to do and say throughout this multiple-day lesson)
- Plan to Be a Saint assignment (introduction, instructions, and examples to help guide your students)
- Plan to Be a Saint worksheet
- Plan to Be a Saint - Envelope Instructions
- Mission Statement from Dan Moran (friend/mentor who originally inspired this lesson)
- Greg Aitchison’s Plan to Be a Saint (examples from my own Plan to Be a Saint to help and inspire students with this assignment)
- All files provided in both PDF and editable formats such as Microsoft Word, Keynote (Mac), and Powerpoint (PC)
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.