Are you looking for a FUN and ENGAGING way to enhance your science study of the solar system? Well, look no further! This 50-page MEGA packet includes everything you need to supplement your unit.
This “Planet Passport MEGA Packet” can be used in a number of ways:
1. As a whole class unit on the Solar System – completed in days or weeks. Give each student a copy of the passport pages and complete together as you “tour” around the solar system. See the complete list of Recommended Resources for books, websites, and videos that will provide the necessary information.
2. As a small group project – divide the class into groups and assign students different planets to research and report on. Combine pages into group booklets and have students present their research booklets to their classmates.
3. As an individual research project – use for enrichment or take-home project that will challenge and stimulate your students. Have them conduct research on the internet or using informational books to complete the passport pages.
***Full answer keys for the passport pages are provided.***
This packet also includes follow-up activities:
1. Planet Pockets: sorting activity (with instructions and answer keys)
2. Interactive Notebook Templates (with instructions and answer keys)
3. “Mapping out the Planets” (art activity, put the planets in order)
4. Solar System Assessment (Test to be completed after the study - Answer key included)
5. “Out of This World” Writing Unit (Bulletin Board title & writing prompts)
Resource created by Jessica Lawler
Joy in the Journey