Also included in
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. The basic premise: Students work in partne$104.00$207.73Save $103.73
If your science standards include landforms, plate tectonics, the water cycle, weather, natural disasters, plant parts, plant cells, animal cells, life cycles, and/or heredity & genetics, Planetopia Project STEM Challenges are perfect to engage your students in brain-busting work (disguised as fun)!
The basic premise:
Students work in partners or groups against criteria & constraints lists to design and build various items for a fictional planet, Planetopia. The series is ideal for spring and Earth Day, but can be used any time of the year.
Modification suggestions are included to make these challenges engaging and productive for students in grades 2 - 8.
Note: This the PRINTABLE version. If you prefer the version for use with Google Slides™, you'll want to look at the PAPERLESS VERSION instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. Materials lists can be found in the product descriptions for each individual challenge linked above or by clicking through on its page in the downloadable preview.
- Overall STEM Tips
- The Planetopia storyline / order of challenges
- What to say (and what not to say) during STEM Challenges
- 5-event Data Tracker handout in color and B&W
- NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
Plus, each challenge comes with:
- Links to STEM Challenge How-to Videos
- Links to individual challenge walk-throughs
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
- Universal STEM Challenge Tips/how to use the handouts
- Criteria and Constraints list (color and B&W; editable)
- Results and Design Analysis (color and B&W)
- Discussion Questions (color and B&W)
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extension
- Plus, other design-specific handouts
The preview shows an overview of what is included in each challenge. You can find more details by clicking anywhere on the individual challenge pages. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!
NOTE: You can save even more by purchasing this bundle as part of the STEM CHALLENGE YEAR-ROUND MEGA-BUNDLE!!!
You might also like these resources :
⭐ Analyze and Interpret Data Unit