1. Planetary Trivia: to gain student interest.
2. Know/Want to Know chart to brainstorm in groups, then as a class.
3. Handout foldables/INB pages on inner and outer planets.
4. Use PPT presentation to go over distinguishing features of the planets. Students take notes in foldables/INB pages. Information is included in regards to: size, composition, moons, rings, temperature, atmosphere, and other distinguishing features, such as spinning in retrograde, being the least dense, and the first planet discovered by telescope. This lesson will hold the attention of any student with the least bit of interest in the planets of our Solar System.
5. Review sheets
6. Homework: Planetary Haiku. Read the next day in class and have students guess the planet. Simple rubric included for easy grading.
7. Posters included for bulletin board with all planetary facts.
**Note: I included the PPT in two forms: an editable PPT and a pdf. They are slightly different. I could not include the clip art images in the PPT because it would violate the license I purchased in order to use them. Please message me if you have questions about this.**
Thanks for checking it out!