Also included in
- These bundled Space-themed products are the ideal extensions to your Space unit! Students are engaged as they research the planets and create the Fact Fan project. The multiplication color by code pages give students a fun break from classic math practice. Planet Fact FanThis STEAM project guides st$6.50$8.00Save $1.50
- These interactive STEAM projects allow students to research science and social studies topics, and then display their work in an attractive & surprising way! These fans are an ideal way for the teacher to integrate science, geography, the reading of nonfiction texts, research, and informational$28.00$34.00Save $6.00
- This Places Bundle includes the Fact Fan projects that will help you in teaching geography and research to your students this year! Students are engaged as they note-take, color, cut, and produce the finished project!Included are:Planet Fact Fans - This STEAM project guides students through their re$22.00$25.00Save $3.00
- Are you ready to implement research in your classroom? Are you students needing some guidance? Are they ready to jump in with both feet? These interactive STEAM projects allow students to research the lifecycle of a variety of planet and animals, as well as engaging social studies and science topi$78.00$98.00Save $20.00
This STEAM project guides students through their research of the planets, sun, and moon and displays their learning in an attractive & surprising way! Fact Fans integrate reading, writing, and science, which both saves time and engages students. This project is ideal for practicing note-taking, introducing research, for center work, fast finishers, independent projects, and as a supplement to your science unit on space and the solar system.
A list of Recommended Resources is provided to help guide teachers. Students can use the Recommended Resources to research and note-take on the provided sheets.
The process is simple!
- Students record their notes on the provided Note-taking Sheet.
-They edit their notes with the Student Editing Checklist.
- An answer key is provided so the information can be checked for accuracy before being published onto the fans.
- Students color the planets, record their information, cut out the fan, and hole-punch at the bottom.
- A metal brad through the circles completes the project.
- Also included are a Cover Page and Resources Page for students to practice citing their sources.
- When complete, students can use their completed Fact Fans to order the planets' distance from the sun.
For each planet, students must find:
- the distance from the sun
- the diameter
- the length of orbit
- the climate
- the history of the planet's name
- 3 interesting facts
For the sun, students must research:
- the length of time it takes for the sun's light to reach Earth
- the temperature of the sun's core
- the temperature of the sun's surface
For the moon, students must determine:
- how much of the moon we can see at one time, and why
- around what does the moon orbit and how long it takes
*UPDATE 11/2018: A supplemental file now includes information for the dwarf planet, Pluto. This includes a note-taking sheet, fact fan page, answer key, and an ordering activity that includes Pluto. To access the additional information, simply unzip the file and click on the document labeled Pluto Supplements.
Complete answer keys included!
If you're planning a Space unit, consider including some fun Space-themed multiplication coloring sheets!
Like the Fact Fan format? Here are some more research based projects your students will love!