This pack contains 13 pages
Copyright information – 1 page
Contents – 1 page
Background notes – 1 page
Components/explanation – 2 pages
Examples and photos – 2 pages
Planner – editable – 4 pages
Planning is such a personal thing. We all plan differently and it is something that evolves over time.
This planner is a culmination of hours of trial and error. It is also a product of hours of conversations with others and reflection. I started using a much earlier version about 18 months ago, because I was struggling to see how it all fitted together.
I am sure it still isn’t right/perfect – but it is what I currently do. It is what it is!
I have included the plan for a stand alone class.
This is an editable version for you to use.
I would love some feedback and would love to see how you are using the planner.
email me email@example.com
This plan includes the following aspects
1 - Contains the Reading focus - Learning Intention, Success Criteria and Café Strategy. At the bottom of this column are the foci for Letters/sounds, Shared Books/Big Books and Explicit Writing Focus.
2. Writing Focus - similar to format of the Reading Focus
3. This is the timing and is in the same format as an anchor chart. One column is what the students do and the other is what I do!
4. There are two. One column contains the names of students who are at the same reading level. The other is the writing column. This is where I group students who have the same focus.
5. Tells me what day I see which group - the title of the book and the focus for the guided reading/writing task
6. Are the icons to show what order their tasks are (Scrappin Doodles). We also have posters around the room to show what and where they need to be.
7. The tasks for each group for Writing
8. The tasks for each group for Word Work
9. Suggested stories for Listen To Reading
10. Notes pages for Reading
11. Notes pages for Writing