Planning A Party: Will vs. Going To: future contractions, group presentation PDF
- Google Docs™
This is one of my all-time favorite activities to reinforce future forms will and be going to. In groups of 3-4, students practice switching between be going to and will as they plan and present the perfect party.
Also included is a grammar and pronunciation review of contracted forms, how to use gonna correctly, and what the difference between will and be going to really is. The presentation activity is always a crowd pleaser! For High Beginner-Intermediate ELLs.
- Warm Up: Vocabulary
- Grammar Review: Will vs. Be Going To
- Pronunciation Review: Contracted Forms
- Additional Practice Worksheets for grammar and pronunciation
- 8 Templates in color AND b/w for 7 Parties + 1 Blank
- A Halloween Party
- A Birthday
- A Graduation
- A Pool Party
- A Wedding
- A Beach Day
- A School Picnic
- Custom Party Template
- Canva links to edit the templates for additional types of parties
- Interactive Party Presentation Activity
- Detailed Teacher's Instructions
- Student Copy of Instructions
Your students will come away with a new understanding of the various functions of will and be going to. They will be able to use contracted forms with confidence in daily tasks. And... they get totally carried away with the presentation activity!
- Enjoy this lesson to the fullest extent of the law.
- Check out some of my other lessons and activities in my store.
- Recommend other ESL-related topics you'd like to see in my store.
- Visit my website at talkintownenglish.com.
- Be the best teacher you can be. I'll do the same. :)