This pack is designed for teachers to use when planning Units of inquiry and Units of work for their students. It includes a range of planning formats for both long term (whole unit planner formats) and short term formats (weekly planner formats)
I use a selection when planning each Unit of Inquiry, I love to be able to see my whole unit at a glance to remind myself of key understandings and concepts which I am teaching. I also use a selection of formats for planning core subjects (Mathematics, English) as my Unit evolves.
Please note – there are no student worksheets within this pack
The pack includes:
Long Term Planning – Whole Unit Planning
• Unit of Inquiry Overview – great for viewing your Unit of Inquiry at a glance.
• Planning your inquiry using the Blooms Taxonomy format to help you ensure there is a progression of thinking and the students are appropriately challenged – this includes an exemplar of how the format might be used to also ensure appropriate attention is also given to the Learning Outcomes / Objectives (knowledge), Activities, Specialist involvement, Concepts, Skills, Attitudes & Behaviours, Learner Profile.
• Overview of the inquiry stages; a planning format to help you to plan each stage of the inquiry from Tuning in Action, including guiding prompts at each stage to aid you in your planning of a Unit. This also includes an exemplar of how the format might be used.
• A Review of the Inquiry – useful for a quick snapshot of what the inquiry will involve. This can be very useful at the reflection stage.
• Learning Experiences Overview – for a snapshot of the Unit showing the inquiry stages from Tuning in Action.
Weekly Planning Formats:
• Inquiry weekly overview– for planning the inquiry learning engagements on a weekly basis.
• Weekly planning sheet for mathematics.
• Weekly planning sheet for English.
• Weekly planning sheet for mathematics and English – on one page.
• Planning sheet for inquiry learning experiences with a section for guided reading or writing rotations.