Plant Activities MEGA BUNDLE
- Google Apps™
Products in this Bundle (5)
Looking to have your entire plant unit planned and ready to go? Then this MEGA bundle is for you! This plant activities bundle includes 5 of my most popular plant and spring resources, making it a breeze for you to plan your reading, writing, science, and station time!
Buy the Bundle and Save 25% off!
This resource is a bundle and includes the following resources:
- Plant Life Cycle Activities
- From Seed to Plant Activities: Beyond the Text
- Plant Needs Reading Comprehension
- Spring Literacy Stations
- Spring Journals with QR codes
With this resource, you'll save time AND money by having everything you need in one place!
No need to dig around and pull activities from multiple places! This unit has it all!
Use the From Seed to Plant Activities to anchor your reading and writing lesson plans, all based on the popular book, From Seed to Plant by Gail Gibbons.
Then, sprinkle in the Plant Needs Reading Comprehension into your teacher guided group for extended reading comprehension practice.
Add in the Spring Themed Literacy Stations for a fun plant twist!
Round out your unit with the Spring Journals as a self-guided writing activity students can complete during your unit!
Fuel your Science Curriculum with all the hands-on experiments and activities in the Plant Life Cycle Unit!
A Peek at the Resources:
1. Plant Life Cycle Activities:
- Resource Page- Resource suggestions and links to books, diagrams, and video to enhance your teaching!
- Plant and Seed Vocabulary Mini-Posters and Vocabulary Building Sheets- includes 9 posters to highlight key terms used throughout the unit- photosynthesis, seed coat, seedling, germinate, root, absorb, stem, bloom, and leaf. Also includes a vocabulary building worksheet activity to help students better understand and use the terms.
- My Seed Journal and Seed dissection lab- An interactive journal for students to record their data from their experiment. Also includes a seed dissection lab activity and diagram.
- Will it Grow? Seed Experiment-Using the scientific method to discover if seeds can grow without soil.
- Will It Grow? Plant Experiment- This also includes an alternative lab to see how plants are affected by different stimuli: light, dark, and gravity.
- Light, Heat, and Gravity Tab-book- after conducting the experiment, students fill out the tab-book to show understanding on how plants are affected by stimuli
- Traveling Seeds- An idea page to illustrate how seeds travel to life in your classroom.
- My Seed Adventure- students write about an adventure their seed would have. Includes brainstorm, writing pages, and illustration page.
- The Great Seed Mix-Up! – Students make inferences to match seeds to seed packets.
- Flower Power Diagram- students label and color the parts of a flower to create a diagram. Also includes a blank sheet for students to create their own plant part diagram.
- Plant Parts and Their Function Matchbook- students label the plant parts and explain their function for the plant. Includes cut and paste descriptors.
- Plant Life Cycle Cut and Paste- students label, color, and cut the different stages of a plant’s life in their Science ISN or on a half sheet of construction paper. Under each tab, students write about the stage. Includes a blank option for students to draw and write their own plant’s life cycle.
- Sproutin’ Words- A plant vocabulary sorting game that can be played in three ways. Students use the activity sheets to sort the words by: Can, Have, Need, ABC order, or nouns vs. verbs.
- What a Plant Wants- Use this activity as a whole group activity or at a center. Students identify the items into what plants need to grow and survive. Includes 2 different recording sheets.
2. From Seed to Plant Reading Activities
- Digital Student Activities- This unit now includes a digital interactive student notebook so you can easily push out the activities to your students via your Google (TM) Classroom or digital classroom. Perfect for hybrid learning!
- Lesson Plans- A five-day lesson plan outline with suggestions of ideas for a close reading routine of the book and daily writing.
- Plant Question Cards- After reading the book, use these question cards to check for a basic understanding of the text. Questions range from level 1-3 on Webb’s Depth of Knowledge scale.
- Plant Main Idea- Students work to identify the main idea and details on the text
- Plant Life Cycle Cut and Paste-Students work to show how a seed grows into a plant.
- Plant from Beginning to End- Students work on understanding scientific processes with this written version on plant's life cycle.
- Plant Text Features- Students understand how text features work to help the reader understand the information presented in the text.
- 3D Diagrams- students create their own plant diagram using foam shapes. Includes grading rubric
- Simple and Complex Sentences- Help your students understand how to combine simple sentences to create more complex and interesting sentences. Includes 3 practice sheets and answer keys.
- Simple and Complex Interactive Poster- print this large poster to use during your lesson. Perfect for recording student answers.
- Complex Sentence Triangle craft- students create their own simple sentences, then combine them to make a complex sentence, then illustrate with this fun and engaging activity!
- Plant Writings- Four writing prompts based on the book and one general writing paper. Includes self-check rubrics. Perfect for an end of unit assessment!
- My Plant Grows- Flower craft that students can make the flower grow. Use to decorate student’s writings.
- Plant Writing Lettering- Use as a title for a bulletin board showcasing your kiddos’ Writings.
3. Plant Needs Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson
Teacher File includes:
- Directions on how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload it into Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Student File includes:
- Science Passage-Plant Needs-This nonfiction passage focuses on basic needs of plants. Includes engaging pictures and text features. Also includes a link to a short video about how Venus flytraps use insect to get the nutrients they need.
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Author's Purpose- Help students develop a deeper understanding of the author's purpose with this reading comprehension graphic organizer. Students use the text and photographs to fill in the chart.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain a plant's basic needs.
- Interactive Activity- Charting Up- This interactive activity asks students to complete the chart on a plant's basic needs.
4. Spring Days Literacy Stations for 2nd and 3rd Grade
- Possessive and Contraction Collection- Using an apostrophe
- Growing Shades of Meaning- Shades of meaning in verbs and adjectives
- Blooming Compound Words-Compound words
- Central Topic Tweets- Central topic and supporting details
- It’s Raining Plural Nouns- Plural and singular nouns
- Spring Into Discussions- Answering questions, collaborative discussions.
- Picture This!- Using illustrations to make inferences.
- Let’s Plant a Flower- sequencing events
- Planting Words- Multiple meaning words
- Spring Time Letters- Using commas in letter writing
- Springy Adjectives- Using adjectives to describe nouns
5. Spring Journal Writing Activity Pack
- Journal Covers (One regular and one low ink)
- 10 Writing Prompt pages (regular lines and primary)
- 10 QR codes linked to video clips related to the prompts to inspire your little writers!
- CCSS Writing Rubrics for first, second, and third grade
- General Writing Rubric (to be used how you see fit!)- makes it easy to spot check and take for a grade!
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this product, you can email this file to parents or upload them to a password-protected classroom. You may not, however, edit or change the file and or sell it for your own personal gain.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Besides each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher