Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.68 MB | 34 pages
This 17-page activity package is a great introductory or culminating activity for your Plant Growth and Changes unit! Students engage in several different tasks that take them through various videos and websites to learn all about plants and their growth and changes.
This download also includes an answer key!
Some of the Grade 4 Alberta Education outcomes covered in this WebQuest include:
- Describe the importance of plants to humans and their importance to the natural environment. Students who meet this expectation should be able to give examples of plants being used as a source of food or shelter, and be aware of the role plants play in the environment; e.g., preventing erosion, maintaining oxygen.
- Identify and describe the general purpose of plant roots, stems, leaves and flowers.
Describe common plants, and classify them on the basis of their characteristics and uses.
- Recognize that plant requirements for growth; i.e., air, light energy, water, nutrients and space; vary from plant to plant and that other conditions; e.g., temperature and humidity; may also be important to the growth of particular plants.
- Identify examples of plants that have special needs.
- Recognize that plants of the same kind have a common life cycle and produce new plants that are similar, but not identical, to the parent plants.
- Describe ways that various flowering plants can be propagated, including from seed, from cuttings, from bulbs and by runners.
- Describe different ways that seeds are distributed; e.g., by wind, by animals; and recognize seed adaptations for different methods of distribution.