This is a booklet that can be used in any classroom.
It was created based on the Science 7 - Alberta Program of Studies; however, it has many applications if you are teaching at all about plants.
The key concepts covered in this booklet are:
- Parts of the plant - roots, stems, leaves and flowers
- Life cycle of a plant
- Diffusion, transpiration, osmosis, photosynthesis
- Xylem and Phloem
- Step by step scientific method or guided investigation for testing growth of plants with different growing conditions ( this includes: purpose, question, hypothesis, materials, procedure, results and discussion - questions already written)
- Discussion of variables (Control, independent and dependent)
- Qualitative and Quantitative observation sheets
- Line and bar graph
- Comparison assignment for different plants
- Selective Breeding Powerpoint assignment
- Dichotomous key assignment
- Prototype Assignment Challenge
There are ready to go printable as well as editable versions. One version is specifically written to use with the Let's Talk Science - Tomatosphere seeds that have gone to space: http://tomatosphere.letstalkscience.ca/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIopqVsMTD5wIVAsNkCh3qSg5HEAAYASAAEgKTF_D_BwE