Six plant inquiry activities that will keep your students engaged! Includes student lab pages for six inquiries, a pre-assessment and background knowledge for students, along with teacher notes for each lesson. The lab activities are based on the 5Es method for teaching science: Engage, Explain, Explore, Elaborate, and Evaluate. The student lab pages include a materials list, procedures, and plenty of space to draw and write observations. You can copy all of the labs into a lab book for your plant unit, or simply pick and choose which lessons fit your needs. Here are the big idea questions these labs target:
1. What happens when a plant has all of its basic needs met?
2. What happens if a plant does not have its basic needs met?
3. How does water help a plant grow?
4. How do roots help a plant grow?
5. How does a seed grow into a plant?
6. How do different kinds of plants grow differently?