Plant Life Cycle Activities Experiments and Worksheets
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Thematic Units for All YearDo you love teaching through themes through out the year? Thematic units are perfect a way to easy blend science, social studies, and math into your reading time. Not only do they engage your students, they build vocabulary, deeper understanding of topics, and a love of lPrice $49.00Original Price $76.50Save $27.50
- Looking to have your entire plant unit planned and ready to go? Then this MEGA bundle is for you! This plant activities bundle includes 5 of my most popular plant and spring resources, making it a breeze for you to plan your reading, writing, science, and station time! Buy the Bundle and Save 25% ofPrice $22.00Original Price $29.75Save $7.75
Plant Life Cycle Unit and Plant Activities Let's get ready to plant some seeds! This science thematic unit is a perfect way to teach about plant life cycles in your science AND reading blocks! This plant life cycle unit and seed unit includes over 12 different plant life cycle activities, labs, and seed activities!
Your students will love the hands-on experiments, plant journals, and creative fun! You'll love how easy it will be to teach a science concept in both your reading and science blocks!
Here's what's inside:
- Resource Page- Resource suggestions and links to books, diagrams, and video to enhance your teaching!
- Plant and Seed Vocabulary Mini-Posters and Vocabulary Building Sheets- includes 9 posters to highlight key terms used throughout the unit- photosynthesis, seed coat, seedling, germinate, root, absorb, stem, bloom, and leaf. Also includes a vocabulary building worksheet activity to help students better understand and use the terms.
- My Seed Journal and Seed dissection lab- An interactive journal for students to record their data from their experiment. Also includes a seed dissection lab activity and diagram.
- Will it Grow? Seed Experiment-Using the scientific method to discover if seeds can grow without soil.
- Will It Grow? Plant Experiment- This also includes an alternative lab to see how plants are affected by different stimuli: light, dark, and gravity.
- Light, Heat, and Gravity Tab-book- after conducting the experiment, students fill out the tab-book to show understanding on how plants are affected by stimuli
- Traveling Seeds- An idea page to illustrate how seeds travel to life in your classroom.
- My Seed Adventure- students write about an adventure their seed would have. Includes brainstorm, writing pages, and illustration page.
- The Great Seed Mix-Up! – Students make inferences to match seeds to seed packets.
- Flower Power Diagram- students label and color the parts of a flower to create a diagram. Also includes a blank sheet for students to create their own plant part diagram.
- Plant Parts and Their Function Matchbook- students label the plant parts and explain their function for the plant. Includes cut and paste descriptors.
- Plant Life Cycle Cut and Paste- students label, color, and cut the different stages of a plant’s life in their Science ISN or on a half sheet of construction paper. Under each tab, students write about the stage. Includes a blank option for students to draw and write their own plant’s life cycle.
- Sproutin’ Words- A plant vocabulary sorting game that can be played three ways. Students use the activity sheets to sort the words by: Can, Have, Need, ABC order, or nouns vs. verbs.
- What a Plant Wants- Use this activity as a whole group activity or at a center. Students identify the items into what plants need to grow and survive. Includes 2 different recording sheets.
See this unit in action! Check out this post Here!
Why It's a MUST!
You'll love how easy it is to teach a plant thematic unit in your classroom with this pack! All the activities are classroom-proven and standards-aligned. Your students will have fun learning about plants through hands-on and creative activities!
Teachers Like You Have Said...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Julie H. said... "Best resource I've used on plants and seeds"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Denise A.said..."I loved the seed observation journal. The kiddos had so much fun tracking their bean seed. Great product!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Meagan H. said... "I was a college student making my thematic unit when I bought this. When I got to use it in the classroom, the students loved it. They were so engaged and loved getting to learn about the plant life cycle. I planned it around Mother's Day so they would have something special to take home."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Create and Educate Co said... "Fantastic resource for a science unit. My kiddos loved it!"
Need more Spring and Plant inspired resources? Check out:
Spring Themed Literacy Centers
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly. :-)
Follow Me! Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher