Make science special education learning fun and engaging with this plant life cycle unit! This adapted science unit is perfect for elementary and middle school students in special education learning about the life cycle of a plant. It is designed to support students who are verbal or nonverbal and who need simplified materials with opportunities to practice the skill.
This science special education unit was designed to provide special education teachers with the differentiated materials needed to meet the diverse needs of students. This life cycle of a plant science unit focuses on the life cycle of plants including processes with 4 steps to 9 steps.
Included in this plant life cycle adapted science unit for special education students:
- Slide Show / Presentation: Students are exposed to the life cycle and facts about plants in a PowerPoint you can show with a projector or on a computer. Students can also read it on a tablet.
- Interactive book (can be printed in 2 sizes).
- 20 Picture Vocabulary Cards: Photographs and words of key terms for a word wall or picture dictionary.
- Mini-Book: Black and White for students to color; Color version for teacher example
- Sequencing Sheets: 18 versions for students to sequence the life cycle of plants including one you can laminate with color pictures, a black and white version for cut and paste and versions students write on with and without pictures. Includes general life cycle, bean life cycle, sunflower life cycle, and apple life cycle.
- 3 Worksheets – Tests: Versions with symbols to assist in reading, with symbols for answering or simply written and fill-in-the blank for students who can read and write more successfully.
❤️Students will LOVE learning about the life cycle of a plant with this engaging and hands-on unit. You can present the initial information on a tablet or computer as well as in an interactive book. Students can then practice with word walls, mini-books and sequencing sheets. And finally you can test and show their knowledge of a plant life cycle with tests.
❤️You will LOVE this adapted science unit for special education! This unit provides you with ample resources to teach plant life cycles. Many materials are also provided in color and black and white depending on your needs. Finally, you can customize many of the materials by eliminating pages from the book or PowerPoint to meet your students’ needs.
✅ Check out the preview for more information!
What teachers are saying about this adapted science unit for special education…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students have enjoyed working with this resource as we prepare for our standardized testing. I know that I can always count on this seller to have exactly the appropriate resources for my students.” - Lisa G.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was a great resource to use when creating our Plants & Growing Things unit. The visual supports were perfect for my students and really reinforced the curriculum vocabulary used throughout the content. I will definitely use this resource again.” - Jamie H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource contains many fun activities and task cards to use for teaching plant life cycles and sequencing skills for students. The visuals are well made.” - Benjamin L.
For more science special education classroom materials check out:
- Autism and Special Education Science Butterfly Life Cycle Unit
- Autism and Special Education Science Sorting File Folders and Worksheets
© Christine Reeve
This product is copyrighted to Autism Classroom Resources-Christine Reeve 2019 for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses.