This packet includes assessments, activities, and a labs for the life cycle of a plant. (flowering plant)
♦ 2 Individial Assessments
("daily grades") on parts of a plant. Included two styles so both could be used, maybe one as a quiz or part of a test. These do include keys!
♦ Life Cycle of a Plant Lab
In this lab I have included MANY variations to be sure you can choose what works best for your classroom. Whether you make your own growing lab (with my photo instructions) or you normally purchase a plant kit, there is something for everyone!
- Materials list, and step-by-step photo instructions on how to set up a self-watering life cycle lab right in your own classroom
- Information on the best seeds to use, and other options for quicker germination (The highest recommendation I give is purchasing Wisconsin "Fast Plants" - links included - because in 1 - 2 days your students will see the seedling, and in just 10 - 12 days flower buds will form!
- Several options for lighting and other variations for this lab
- TWO presentations with step by step photo instructions for your students on planting their seeds. One version is for my home made set up, the other is for the purchased kits that some schools use!
- Lab sheets for observing and measuring their plants
***Also, I included a blank lab sheet that can be used for any lab using the steps of the scientific method.
♦ Is a Bean A Seed? Lab
where students will attempt to germinate beans (dry beans). This is a simple lab that requires materials you probably have around your house/classroom!
- includes a lab sheet following the scientific method
♦ Bean Dissection Activity
that takes just dry beans that have been soaked overnight! After soaking the beans, students can "dissect" the beans to see the embryo inside.
- activity sheet for illustrations, labels, and questions included!
♦ TWO Writing Activities
- "I'm A Plant" narrative writing (students explain the steps of the life cycle of a plant from a first-person point of view - creative writing). This included a brainstorming sheet to get them started and lined writing paper with and without borders for their final products.
- Plant Life Cycle Expository Writing - Students explain the plant life cycle from start to finish. A brainstorming sheet is included as well as lined writing paper with and without borders for their final products.
♦ Plant Life Cycle Study "Fortune Teller"
also known as a "Cootie Catcher," this fun origami aid is great for studying vocabulary!
♦ Literary Links
which are book suggestions for this unit, and a suggestion to help with the creative narrative writing as well!
Please note that this goes along with the other items in my store found here:
Plant Life Cycle Presentation
Plant Life Cycle Vocabulary Pack
Plant Life Cycle Interactive Notebook
Please note that this pack is also included in: Plant Life Cycle Unit Complete Set
I hope you enjoy this item. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas for custom work, please contact me! Thanks and stop by again soon!
Visit my blog!
Visit me on Facebook!
Follow me on Pinterest!