Bring the plant life cycle to life with these engaging materials that use augmented reality (AR)! AR is an exciting technology tool that can be used to engage students and enhance instruction. All you need is a tablet or smartphone and a free app called Aurasma to bring the pictures to life!
How It Works:
These 8 plant life vocabulary cards and 8 matching definition cards allow even the youngest students to independently review plant life vocabulary. A talking avatar reads both the vocabulary word and the definition through AR technology. If a student is stuck, they can refer to the poster, which has a life cycle graphic and each image has an AR Aura. Auras are either images or videos that explain or show the stage to students.
Vocabulary words included:
Getting ready to use this product is quick and easy.
In order to use the AR features, you will need a tablet or smartphone that uses Google Play or the iTunes app store.
• To prep your device:
Download the free Aurasma app from your device store or find a download link from www.aurasma.com
Follow my channel by searching for "mrsmartinlearns", using the link http://auras.ma/s/y0yzF or the provided QR Code. You can enable your device and try out the AR features in the preview by holding your device over the computer screen (no printing required).
• To prep the cards and poster for use:
Print the article on cardstock or matte photo paper in color or black and white (grayscale). Images are provided in pdf and jpg formats. Card Jpg files are 4x6 and will print the same way you print regular pictures (even to a photo shop, as long as matte paper is used). Lamination and glossy photo paper are NOT recommended as they can interfere with the ability to recognize the trigger images.
Print the optional card templates in color or black and white (grayscale). These can be printed on any paper and laminated as they do not trigger an Aura.
• To use the card’s AR features:
Hold your prepared device over one of the cards. An Aura (video) will appear on the card and read out the word or the definition. Keep the device trained on the Aura until it ends. Moving the device will end the connection and the video will stop and start over from the beginning when retrained on the image.
• To use the poster’s AR features:
1. Hold your device over each stage of the plant life cycle to see an image or video! This can be posted in an area where students can access the poster for help when they are working on the vocabulary cards.
ZIP folder contains pdf and jpg files.
You might also be interested in my other AR products!
♦ Augmented Reality ABC Cards!
♦ Color Words Read and Write the Room Augmented Reality Activity
♦ Hurricanes: Nonfiction Augmented Reality Article
♦ Plate Tectonics Augmented Reality Poster
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.