Hands-on Grass Head activity
bundled in a complete Plant Life Cycle lesson: LEAVES & LIGHT. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
PLANT LIFE CYCLE - Lesson #3 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. In this Mystery, students will learn the importance to plants of sunlight, which is collected by their leaves. Knowing how plants respond to sunlight, they will build creative Grass Heads. This mystery requires two class periods. They'll solve the Mystery: Why do trees grow so tall?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 3rd Grade Life Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #3 in my complete Plant Life Cycle Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Seed Dispersal (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Roots＆Minerals (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 3 - Leaves & Light < [This Lesson]
• Lesson 4 - Plant Adaptations (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 5 - Plant Habitats (BUNDLE)
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.