Growth & Cycles Plants & Animals Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of plant life cycles and animal life cycles. The focus is on NGSS 3-LS1.B and include concepts such as animal life cycles, plant life cycles, and parts of a plant.
★ Save 25% by purchasing the Life Science Stations BUNDLE ★
► Vocabulary Cards
in two formats with and without pictures.
- Students watch a video about the Life Cycle of a Dung Beetle or the Stages of a Plant Life Cycle and answer questions. Allow students to choose the video or have them do both.
- Students interact with a video game about the plant and animal life cycles. There are four video game choices that are about parts of a flower, plant growth and animal life cycles. Each video has it’s own set of questions and task cards.
- Students investigate the similarities and differences between an ant and praying mantis life cycle and answer questions about the complete and incomplete metamorphosis.
- Students diagram the life cycles of frogs, sea turtles, chicken, and salmon, and answer questions about the animals’ life cycles.
► Read a Passage
- Students read a passage about Migrating Geese and answer questions about the life cycle of geese.
- Students dissect a flower, label the parts, and and answer questions about their dissection.
- Students explore the parts of common plants we eat and answer questions about the various parts.
- Students sort the life cycle of five different plants and explain their reasoning.
***Purchase all Third Grade Science Stations together in one large BUNDLE***
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for two days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those as a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
See the preview for additional information and details.
You might also be interested in our Physical Science BUNDLE.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.