Young students will have so much fun learning about plants with the materials in this packet! They will work with an original book, called "Plant Project" with blackline masters for individual student books! Besides learning what plants need and how they grow, students will be introduced to the two sounds of OW. But I've included blank plant games so they can be customized to teach the skills of your choice and better meet the needs of your students.
This exciting packet contains:
1. An introduction activity for OW and game called Grow a Flower
2. Two original songs: "Seed Song" and "My Surprise Garden"
3. An original full-color book called "Plant Project"
4. A blackline master for small individual student books
5. A comprehension test on "Plant Project"
6. Vocabulary words to display
7. A Build-A-Sentence game
8. A Grow a Garden word game (blank game is included)
9. An OW worksheet to check for understanding
10. A Read-and-Draw comprehension activity
11. Writing Connection ideas including plant writing paper
12. Math Connection activities including a place value game to go along with the book, "Sunflower House"
13. Five math word problem pages
14. Social Studies Connection ideas
15. Science Connection ideas including a master for a plant journal
Many of these activities would be great at a Literacy or Math Center!
Enjoy! Sheila Wheaton