Plant Reproduction and Response: Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Inserts for Interactive Notebooks
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on plants, plant reproduction and plant responses.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for Biology BIG BUNDLE Part 2
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
This product includes 28 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on plant reproduction and response.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 28 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (28 pages)
• Complete answer keys (28 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 28 student pages include the following titles.
Plant Reproduction (19 titles)
• The Plant Life Cycle
• Alternation of Generations
• Life Cycle of Gymnosperms 1
• Life Cycle of Gymnosperms 2
• The Structure of the Flower
• Parts of the Flower
• Formation of the Male Gametophyte in Angiosperms
• Formation of the Female Gametophyte in Angiosperms
• Fertilization in Angiosperms
• Evolutionary Advantages of Angiosperms
• Seed Germination 1
• Seed Germination 2
• Thinking Critically About Plant Reproduction
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: True of False?
• Review: Multiple Choice
Plant Responses (9 titles)
• Introduction to Plant Responses
• Overview of Plant Hormones
• Auxins and Plant Responses 1
• Auxins and Plant Responses 2
• Auxins and Plant Responses 3
• Auxins and Plant Responses 4
• Nastic Responses
The above titles will cover the following information:
• Introduction to plant reproduction: The plant life cycle, alternation of generations, gametophytes, sporophytes.
• Life Cycle of Gymnosperms.
• The Flower: Labeling of flower diagram, parts of the flower, petals, sepals, stamen, pistil, anther, filament, stigma, style, ovary, ovule, receptacle.
• Formation of the male gametophyte: Microsporangia, microspores, pollen grain, generative cell, tube nucleus.
• Formation of the female gametophyte: Megasporangia, megaspores, embryo sac, polar nuclei, antipodals, synergids.
• Pollination and Fertilization: Pollen tube, micropyle, double fertilization, zygote, endosperm.
• Evolutionary advantages seen in the angiosperms.
• Seeds: Labeling of seed diagram, seed coat, cotyledons, embryo, radicle, epicotyl, hypocotyl.
• Germination of seeds: Labeling of germination diagram.
• Plant Responses: hormone, target cell.
• Plant Hormones: Auxins, gibberellins, ethylene, cytokinins, abscisic acid.
• Auxins and plant responses: 4 critical thinking pages.
• Photoperiodism and nastic responses.
• Thinking critically: One page of critical thinking and problem solving questions about plants.
• 6 pages of review: Short answer, Modified True False, Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the vocabulary, and What’s the relationship?
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Drugs
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)