This is a fun, 35 page resource to help your students produce a research report on Plants.This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Plant Research report.
This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. Each question has one page dedicated to it so each student can answer as much or as little as is prudent for them. There is extra blank paper at the end of the questions for questions that need additional room to answer. This package contains the following plant report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name
2. What is a plant?
3. Describe the parts of a plant. Describe their functions and how they work together to keep the plant alive and healthy.
4. Plant Related Vocabulary- students define the word and illustrate it.
5. Draw a plant and label its parts.
6. Draw a plant with a large flower and label the parts of the plant that aid in pollination and seed dispersal.
7. How does a plant create its own food or energy through the process of photosynthesis?
8. Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between plants that have seeds and plants that do not have seeds.
9. What would happen to our planet if there were no plants? How would our planet be different?
10. What adaptations to plants have to help them survive?
11. How can plants grow indoors?
12. How do you think plants adapt to changes in their habitat?
13. Think about plants that grow in nature near the area in which you live. It could be in your city or town, your backyard, in a forest, or somewhere else. Describe all of the plants that you see and why do they grow well in this area?
14. Make a poster of different leaves and a collage of a nature scene with plants.
15. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
16. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
17. How to research your report- Finding your information.
18. Note taking bullet form template
19. Note taking lined form template
20. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
21. Student Checklist for editing and revising
22. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
23. Common Core ELA Standard
24. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display. Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Catherine-S borders on this product are from this tpt Seller
Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com