Plant Nonfiction Fluency – Plant Structures
Please see the preview for highlights from the Bundle.
These passages are an engaging way for students to compete against their own personal best score, while reinforcing the reading skills of fluency and text evidence through science content.
These passages address several key fluency issues –
• breaking the text into manageable pieces for lower readers
• adding a simple picture to make it more accessible
• using content vocabulary with a definition in the text
• integrating high interest science and social studies topics
• comprehension questions ranging from ‘right there’ to higher order questions
• parent/adult support
• 120-180 words per passage
Each fluency topic includes
• Full color version for phrasing
• Print friendly
• Comprehension page requiring text evidence
• ANSWER KEY (new 2018) The answers are ‘right there’ for many questions, but the Day 4 questions really needed some thinking. I added answer keys to this set that include extension facts to share with high learners.
Plant Topics in the bundle
• Photosynthesis (125 words)
• Nasty Plants (127 words)
• Deciduous Trees (131 words)
• This product is Plant Structures: parts of plants (131 words)
• Plant vs. Human (similarities) (147 words) – Arizona 4th Grade Science
• Seed Dispersal (174 words)
• Tree Bark (175 words)
• Tomatoes & Tomato Plants (178 words) - Texas 3rd Grade Science
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Plant Fluency BUNDLE
• Photosynthesis- Plant fluency
• Nasty Plants FREEBIE Plant fluency
• Deciduous Trees- Plant fluency
• Plant Structures (parts of a plant)
• Plants vs. Human - Plant fluency
• Seed Dispersal- Plant fluency
• Tree Bark- Plant fluency
• Tomato Plants - Plant fluency
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Click here to *Follow Me* for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.