Plant Transport Systems – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (xylem, phloem, and cambium).
• Explanation of roots, stems, and leaves
• Illustration of the transport system in a tree
• Xylem, phloem, and cambium with cross-section of woody and soft stems
• Showing the age of trees by observing rings of a tree
• 4 types of roots (taproot, aerial root, fibrous root, and prop root)
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: xylem, leaves, roots, phloem, fibrous roots, prop roots, bark, taproot, cambium, stem, and aerial roots.
• The second activity is a seven item matching activity with vocabulary and descriptions of xylem, phloem, cambium, taproots, aerial roots, prop roots, and fibrous roots.