Plant a Kiss, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, teaches children that love never runs out when you share it; in fact, it grows! This is a sweet book to share for Valentine’s Day or any time you want to encourage children to commit random—or intentional—acts of kindness. Our Text-Dependent Questions help you model close reading by directing young learners back into the text to answer questions and discover the book’s central message. What a fun way to learn the Common Core State Standards for Reading Literature 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7, too! Culminate your read aloud time together by having children complete and decorate the included card, so that they can “plant a kiss” with a loving and encouraging message for someone. Great for community-minded projects, too, such as sharing with nursing homes, hospitals, and military personnel.
Close reading is fun for everyone with Max Learner Book Detective! Check out our store where we offer Text-Dependent Questions, Close Reading Worksheets, writing activities and more for your favorite read aloud stories!
Included in this freebie:
• 1 Text-dependent question card
• “Share the Love” card writing activity
Our Text-Dependent Questions…
• Cite the Common Core State Standards used (CCSS RL 1, 2, 3, and 4)
• Include pair-sharing prompts
• Guide students back into the text again and again for answers
• Include correct answers for teacher reference
The “Share the Love” Writing Activity
• Flows naturally from your class discussion
• Allows children to practice sharing and caring through written expression
• Great for Valentine’s Day or any time