Also included in
- Engaging biology activities help kids understand internal and external structures. Learning scaffolds from cells to plants and animals. Hands-on opportunities include labs, posters, and research. What’s Included:Cells – Students focus on plant and animal organelles. They work with microscopes, condu$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
This brief, engaging set of articles, activities, and assessments focuses on animal and plant cell organelles. Kids work with microscopes, conduct research, and create cute posters. An assessment is also included.
- suggested schedule
- materials list for each day
- introductory microscope activity
- plant and animal cells microscope activity
- research activity
- Organelle Trail poster project
- study guide
- one page of learning links (just click and go to related text, interactives, videos, and printables)
Basic knowledge of cells helps students understand plant processes (particularly photosynthesis) and biological classification. Although it’s not a required unit of study for my class, I teach it every year to provide background information. My students love active engagement with microscopes and creating posters for the Organelle Trail!
Click on PREVIEW to see the entire unit.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on March 7, 2019.