Also included in
- This second grade science bundle includes both print and digital versions of Plants and Animal Needs & Life Cycles NGSS. It includes literally everything you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess 17 days of NGSS aligned lessons on plant and animal interdependence, the plant life cycle,$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- Teaching second grade science aligned the Next Generation Science Standards is quite challenging without quality resources to guide you. These in-depth units address all 2nd grade NGSS topics and enable you to plan and teach high-engagement, three-dimensional science lessons. The six units in this b$87.00$108.00Save $21.00
This second grade science resource a complete plant and animal needs and life cycles unit that addresses NGSS Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems for 2nd grade science.
The resource includes high engagement, hands-on science lessons that are thoughtfully designed and scripted to make planning and teaching an in-depth science unit easy, effective, and fun.
· Plant and animal interdependence
· Plant needs and their lifecycles
· Animal needs and their life cycles
· Seed dispersal
· Parts of a seed
· Parts of a plant and flower
Students are engaged through 6 high-interest lessons in a vividly detailed teaching Power Point, science journal and center activities, partner discussion questions, and hands-on lab investigations for each lesson.
CLICK HERE for a digital, narrated Google Slides version of the teaching slides and student activities only. *NOTE: The labs and printable materials are not included in the digital version. CLICK HERE for the print + digital BUNDLE.
Aligned to both NGSS and CCSS this flexible 17-day unit includes detailed, scripted lesson plans, teacher’s notes, and procedures with pictures for each lesson and lab. A multitude of high quality science focus wall resources, posters, lesson objective cards and more support each lesson.
- Teacher Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
-6 Detailed, step-by-step, scripted lessons
-6-Lesson Teaching Power Point with extension activity slides after each lesson.
-8 Hands-on lab investigations/ STEM activities
-Guiding Questions, Learning Target posters, Lesson objective cards
-Full page vocabulary posters
-Full page life cycle posters
-Student science journal with follow-up practice pages for each lesson
-Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank)
-Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
-Answer keys for all resources
-Unit materials list
-Related read aloud book list
-Video links to support each lesson
-Bulletin board set
Lesson 1: Plant Life Cycle
Lesson 2: Plant Needs
Lesson 3: Animal Life Cycles
Lesson 4: Animal Needs
Lesson 5: Interdependence: Plants Rely on Animals
Lesson 6: Interdependence: Animals Rely on Plants
Lab Experiments/ Investigations
Students explore the interdependence of plants and animals, plan and carry out simulations, build models, and conduct investigations in 8 high interest labs to answer these scientific questions:
· What’s Inside a Seed?
· Can Plants Grow Without Sunlight?
· How Does Water Move Through a Plant?
· What Care Do Animals Need?
· How Do Animals Move Seeds?
· Pollination Simulation: How Do Animals Help Plants Reproduce?
· Breathing Leaves: How Do Leaves Produce Oxygen?
Included Science Centers
Reinforce science content as students practice these math & literacy skills:
Cause & Effect
Sorting and Classifying
Math word problems using science content
Please see the preview for more details and pictures of everything included.
Note: This is a very large unit that downloads as a zipped (ZIP) folder with 5 separate files inside. You will need to “unzip” the folder to access and open the files correctly. CLICK HERE for directions to open a ZIP file.
Around the Kampfire
Additional 2nd Grade Science Units:
Click here for digital science units with audio narrated lessons ideal for distance learning.
THIRD GRADE TEACHERS
Click here for all 3rd grade science units.