The 4th Grade SMARTBoard Introduction to Plants is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
This lesson focuses on an introduction to plants. It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text covering most aspects of plants and plant life.
The presentation includes:
• Terminology – root, root hair, stem, photosynthesis, stomata, transpiration, respiration, and spore.
• Classifying plants
• Jan van Helmont’s plant experiment
• Introduction to roots and stems
• Understanding ferns and mosses
• Leaves and photosynthesis
• Leaf parts (diagram)
• Using plants in our lives
There are also two SMARTBoard interactive activities that are also converted into PDF files for classwork or homework.
• Activity one has students identifying how photosynthesis works along with the order of photosynthesis.
• Activity two involves placing different foods into groups based on the part of the plant that they come from/