Plants & Animals Long Ago Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of how plants and animals live together long ago. The focus is on NGSS 3-LS4.A and includes concepts such fossils, history of Earth, comparing Mammoth and Elephants, paleontologists, and physical traits of dinosaurs.
★ Save 25% by purchasing the Life Science Stations BUNDLE ★
► Vocabulary Cards
in two formats with and without pictures.
- Students watch a video about the fossils or petrified forests and answer questions. Allow students to choose the video or have them do both.
- Students interact with a video game about making fossils and answer questions.
- Students investigate the history of Earth and create a prehistoric timeline of plants and animals.
- Students diagram how a comparing and contrasting woolly mammoths and elephants.
► Read a Passage
- Students read a passage about paleontology and answer questions.
- Students make a model of a dinosaur fossil.
- Students explore how dinosaur structures fit their functions.
- Students sort dinosaurs into carnivore, herbivore and omnivore based on traits.
***Purchase all Third Grade Science Stations together in one large BUNDLE***
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Some stations include two or more activity choices and extension activities.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for four days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
See the preview for additional information and details.
You might also be interested in our Plant and Animal Life Cycles Science Stations
. Additional Science Stations are also available.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.