Students will learn about the importance of plants in our daily lives and the links between technologies, products, and impacts.
- identify the uses of plants in our daily lives
- participate in a food chain game
- describe how pesticide use can affect food chains
- define bio-accumulation and bio-magnification, describing its effects on ecosystems
- describe how land use is changing and the effects of this on ecosystems
- research and describe a method used by farmers to increase crop yields
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.