- Plants Notes: These notes outline characteristics of a plant: Producers, Cell walls, Cuticle, Reproduction, and Vascularity. Many of my students require a written copy of the notes I write on the board. Simply print and hand out notes to your students. Enjoy! ENJOY THE NOTES & YOU WILL WANT T
- This PLANTS Interactive Notebook Section has a lot to offer! Before using Interactive Science Notebooks, students got lost in writing and not comprehending the science. The INBs allow the students to keep a neat, interactive, functional, and yes; fun notebook. * If you are sending this home as a pac
- This activity allows your students to have FUN and learn at the same time! We have developed a comprehensive, 5 tiered, PLANTS themed, Escape Room. The Escape Room centers around the fundamental vocabulary and concepts found within a PLANTS unit. One of the main reasons many teachers do not use esca
This Plants Escape Room & Plants Interactive Notebook is a totally immersive package of activities that will allow your students to have fun and learn at the same time! We have developed a comprehensive, 3 tiered, Plants themed, Escape Room & INB. The Escape Room centers around the fundamental vocabulary and concepts found within this unit. In addition to the Escape Room, we have included an Interactive Notebook. The Plants INB may be used to teach before the students tackle the Plants Escape Room. The I.N.B. may be used as a reference, as the students attempt to open each break out box in order to receive a homework pass!
One of the main reasons many teachers do not use escape rooms is because it takes a long time to develop, and many times even a pre-made lesson is to difficult to implement. The STEM Center's I.N.B. will be a great tool to assist in your students learning about the content.
Our new "Escape the Homework (Break Out Box Activity)" is simple to apply within the classroom. Students are given a 20 word puzzle that will lead to unlocking a lock box that contains their group's 1st set of color coded clues. After each group solves a set of 12 color coded clues, they will gain access to a second team's questions. (BE CERTAIN TO WATCH THE ACCOMPANYING VIDEO.)
Upon solving the 12 questions, the students will gain access to a third container of questions. If the students solve all 48 clues before the end of the class period, they will receive a pass on a homework assignment centered around Plants vocabulary and concepts.
The escape room can be run several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- 5 Lock Boxes (best boxes are either tool boxes or ammunition boxes)
- One five-digit lock
- Four 3-digit locks
Both methods will need the following:
- All printed materials (included)
- Manila envelopes
- The entire system of our Escape Room is explained on our website
These Escape Rooms for our ER System are ready today:
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Connect with the STEM Center©
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Green ‘Follow Me’ Star next to the STEM Center © icon to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
BLOG for more great activities and freebies.
Follow us on Twitter
Great info and freebies on Facebook
See all our products on Pinterest
Copyright © The STEM Center. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.