This 75 page Science unit is packed with information to kick off plants in a Pre-K, Kindergarten or First grade classroom. Students will be engaged in activities for at least 2 weeks worth of Science Fun!
Included in this unit are two class books to read to your students about the parts of a plant and what a plant needs to survive. Students will learn key facts and vocabulary words when listening to these stories! I have also included student friendly readers for students to complete and read during a guided reading group or even a science center! In addition students can make two class books with the information they have learned while reading these stories!
Students will also be engaged by meeting the silly Farmer Brown. Farmer Brown wants to plant a flower garden but he has no idea what he is doing! The students will write letters to Farmer Brown daily to give him advice on how to plant his flower garden. I have included 7 notes from Farmer Brown and 3 pages varied for differentiation to have your students write back (students can also respond with a group writing.)
Students can also plant plants and log their observations in a sprout journal!
I have included common core standards for some activities. Standards included are for Kindergarten Reading.
Please check out the document preview
- Parts of a Plant Original Book (6 pages)
- Parts of a Plant Student Reader (7 pages)
- Plants Have Needs Original Book (6 pages)
- Plants Have Needs Student Reader (7 pages)
- Plant Parts Class Book (cover page and 2 student pages for differentiation)
- Plants Have Needs Class Book (cover page and 2 student pages for differentiation)
- 9 Vocabulary cards with pictures
- 7 Letters From Farmer Brown
- 3 Letter pages to respond to Farmer Brown (varied for differentiation)
- My Sprout Journal (cover page in color and black and white 14 days included)
- Parts of a Plant Labeling Sheet (3 pages for differentiation)
- Plants Circle Graphic Organizer
- Plants Bubble Graphic Organizer
- Plants Tree Graphic Organizer
* Did you know that you can earn credits towards future TPT purchases if you leave feedback? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Follow My Store
Buzz Into Kinder Blog
Buzz Into Kinder on Facebook!