If you are looking for a very thorough plant unit, you have found it. This product is 155 pages and is filled with different activities to teach your students about plants, plant needs, and the plant lifecycle. There are 3 mini books included plus literature connections, science connections, word work, writing, and more. Enjoy making the plant craft or flower pot too. It's a great craft for Mother's Day as well.
Here is what a few people had to say about this unit!
"I highly recommend this for your plant units! Wonderful purchase! My kinders loved this. Great for 1st, too. Well thought out, great posters, fun art project. Thank you!"
"This is my go-to resource when I get into my plant life cycle unit in the spring!"
"This was exactly what I was looking for! This has made my life much easier! Thank you!"
Here is what is included in this resource:
• Mini book “All About Plants” ~ copy 2 per page (14 pgs.)
• Dig Deeper~ comprehension for mini book
• Label the parts of a plant
• Design your own plant
• Plant Sort~ roots, flowers, stems, leaves, & Seeds
• 8 colorful posters describing the plant parts
• Mini book “what does a plant need to survive” ~ copy 2 per page (7 pgs.)
• Plant sort
• Plant needs~ comprehension
• 5 colorful posters describing a plant’s needs
• Celery & Carnation experiment 3 pages
• Plant Comparison 2 pages
• Bean experiment 3 pages
• Mini bean experiment book~ Copy 2 per page (10 pgs.)
• My Bean recording journal~ Copy 2 per page
• My plant Journal-2 options ~ Copy 2 per page
• All about Plants –web and write
• How to Grow a Plant- Cut & Glue pre-writing and Writing or mini book writing copy 2 per page (6 pgs.)
• All About Plants~ Fill in the blank
• How to take car of a Flower~ Pre-writing and Writing
Plant Word Work:
• Plant word wall-20 colorful words with matching picture
• Plant part word Search
• Plant ABC Order
• Plant syllables
• Wild Flower Names- Word Search
• Wild Flower ABC ORDER
• Wild Flower Making Words
• Wild Flower Syllables
• Colorful cards to make into small posters to display cycle
• Lifecycle mini book with table of contents and 7 additional pages~ copy 2 per page
• Lifecycle Comprehension 3 version (picture, picture & word, Picture and Write)
• From Seed to Plant by Gail Gibbons`-anticipation guide, parts of a flower, & label a flower
• How a Seed Grows by Helene J. Jordan-Recall
• Growing Vegetable Soup by Ehlert-sequence, abc order
• The Tiny seed by Carle- Beginning, middle, & End/ harmful or helpful
• Tops & Bottoms by Janet Stevens-Recall, character traits
• Flowers in a watering can
• Flower in a pot with all the parts and words to label
• Flower no label option
SEE MORE PICTURES AND READ ABOUT THIS UNIT OVER AT MY BLOG
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....