Also included in
- Students love science! This resource bundles all my 2nd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of resources and addresses all the Utah SEEd standards for 2nd grade. This bundle includes:Habitat UnitDesigning a Solution to a H$51.52$64.40Save $12.88
- This second-grade NGSS bundle has resources for the whole year! All standards for second-grade NGSS are addressed. This includes great 2nd-grade science activities and labs. Students will love these exciting activities! Save 20% on this huge second-grade NGSS bundle thatcovers ALL the standards for$56.72$70.40Save $13.68
This second-grade plant unit will cover life science for NGSS. Students will learn that plants need sunlight and water to grow and they will learn about seed dispersal. This huge unit addresses ALL of the 2nd grade Life Science Standards for NGSS.
This resource includes:
- hands-on Lesson Plans
- four pages of informational text
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps and folds
- center activities with 56 sorting cards and task cards
- a smoosh book
Students will learn about seed dispersal, they will also conduct an investigation to determine if plants need sunlight. They will compare how different plants disperse seeds in different ways.
This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas: Ecosystem: Interactions, Energy and Dynamics and Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits.
NGSS Standards Addressed:
2-LS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine if plants need sunlight and water to grow.
2-LS2-2. Develop a simple model that mimics the function of an animal in dispersing seeds or pollinating plants.
2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
K-2-ETS1-2. Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function
as needed to solve a given problem.
This resource also addresses Utah SEEd standards for second grade
Standard 2.2.2 Plan and carry out an investigation of the structure and function of plant and animal parts to compare the diversity of life in different habitats. Examples could include how different plants and animals have different structures to survive in their habitats, such as the spines of a cactus in the desert or the seasonal changes in the fur coat of a wolf.
Standard 2.2.3 Develop and use a model mimicking the function of an animal dispersing seeds or pollinating plants.
- What Plants Need to Grow
- Diversity of Plants and Animals in Different Habitats
- Seed Dispersal
- Life Cycle of a SunFlower
- Making Predictions
- Recording Data
- Writing Conclusions
The following Science and Engineering Practices will be used by students:
Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering) Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
Please see my other resources for 2nd-grade science