Plants – Photosynthesis and Respiration – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (photosynthesis, stomata, carbohydrate, and cellular respiration).
• Diagram/anatomy of a leaf
• Photosynthesis explained
• Labeled diagram of the photosynthesis and respiration cycle
• How animals depend on photosynthesis
• Mitochondria and respiration
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: photosynthesis, carbon dioxide, oxygen, mitochondria, cellular respiration, carbohydrate, stomata, and ATP.
• The second activity is a labeling/matching activity for photosynthesis and respiration. Students must label the photosynthesis/respiration cycle as well as a respiration diagram.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.