This unit is ideal to teach students 2-3 all about plants and pollination. It was created within the context of the 2nd grade NGSS but it is applicable across grades. There are lesson guides and examples of student work included throughout this resources.
The General Topics Included:
- What Do Plants Need to Survive?
- What is the Life Cycle of a Plant?
- What are the Different Parts of a Plant?
- What is Pollination?
- What are the Different Types of Pollination?
Activities and Resources Included:
- Unit Overviews (for both plants and pollination)
- Suggested Nonfiction Text List
- Student Folder Cover Page
- KWL Chart
- Gallery Walk Photos
- Plant/Seed Observation Journal
- Anchor Chart Creations and Resources
- Parts of a Plant Reading Passages & Recording Sheets (roots, stems, flowers and leaves)
- Content Definition Cards
- Parts of a Plant Recording Sheet
- Parts of a Plant Craft and Foldable
- Pollination Sortable Cards
- Pollination Charades
- Make Your Own Pollination Comic Strip
- Save Our Bees Opinion Writing Performance Tasks (directions, recording sheets, graphic organizer, writing sheet & rubric)
- Create Your Own Pollinator Flipbook and Book
- End of Unit Cloze Read & Master