Plants: PowerPoint & Activities
Learn all about plants in this PPT presentation. This nonfiction resource about plants is full of information, photos, illustrations, videos, and fun facts. It’s designed for teachers, students, and parents! Challenge the kids with some higher level thinking activities designed to hone problem-solving skills. Have fun with a couple of experiments.
This plants PowerPoint also works extremely well as an independent reading resource for ipads, iphones, tablets, etc. The presentation is designed to be read like an animated digital book.
In the PPT, your students will learn all about…
• Plant classification
• Vascular and nonvascular plants
• Roots, stems, leaves, xylem and phloem
• Photosynthesis and how it works
• Sexual Reproduction (flowers, dones, and spores/two generational life cycles)
• Asexual Reproduction (rhizomes, stolons, tubers, bulbs and fragmenting)
• Seeds (dormant and non-dormant)
• Seed dispersal (wind, animal, water, mechanical, gravity, fruit)
• Nonvascular plants (mosses, liverworts, hornworts)
• Gas exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide
• Plants’ place in the food chain
• Defense mechanisms (physical and chemical)
• Why plants are green
• Why leaves change colors
• And much more!
• The presentation begins with a riddle, has a time lapse video of a strawberry flower turning into a strawberry and one of some lima beans germinating from seed to plant,
• It also includes 8 higher level thinking activities and 2 simple experiments.
Download my preview, and be sure to view it as a slide show to get the full effect (the slides are dynamic). * The preview is password protected to prevent editing. You will be prompted to put in a password. Just click on the “read only” option. The purchasable presentations are available to be edited.
Please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com if you need any assistance.
This was created by Ryan Nygren.
Photo credits are found at the end of the presentation.
If you like this product, take a look at some of my other PowerPoint and activity lessons.
Check out some of the other animal resources like
Put down roots and grow with this all encompassing Plants PowerPoint & Activities lesson.
Roar with the big cats.
Cuddle with a giant panda bear!
Have a peek at some Australian animal presentations. (Unfortunately, I haven't made a shrimp on the 'barbie product yet.)
Get wet with these ocean life presentations.
Have your kids fly through the sky with these bird (and mammal!) PPT & Activity lessons.
Travel back millions of years and learn about the dinosaurs.
You can also buy the Dinosaur Bundle and SAVE 47%. Just click this link Dinosaur Bundle