PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
About this Product
• This product includes reading passages with text-based evidence comprehension questions.
• Comprehension questions probe lower, mid and higher order thinking.
• Reading passages align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Reading passages can be used for close reading, one-on-one intervention, homework or sub work.
• Reading passages can be used as a "prelab" so to introduce students to the topic(s) of a SNAPs lab.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Reading Passages to learn more about my reading passages
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Passage #1: Types of Plants
Passage #2: Plant Needs
Passage #3: Plant Structure
Passage #4: Flower Anatomy
Passage #5: Leaf Structure
Passage #6: Deciduous vs. Coniferous
Passage #7: Types of Angiosperms
Passage #8: Plant Reproduction
Passage #9: Seed Dispersal
Passage #10: Seed vs. Spore
Passage #11: Angiosperm Reproduction
Passage #12: Gymnosperm Reproduction
Passage #13: Vegetative Propagation
Passage #14: Growth Patterns in Angiosperms
Passage #15: Plant Environmental Adaptations
Passage #16: Plant Defense Adaptations
Passage #17: Leaf Adaptations
Passage #18: Stem Adaptations
Passage #19: Extreme Environment Adaptations
Passage #20: Responding to the Environment
Passage #21: Water Regulation (Stomata)
Passage #22: Oxygen & Carbon Dioxide Cycling
Passage #23: Photosynthesis
Passage #24: Plants vs. Algae
Passage #25: Symbiotic Relationships
Passage #26: Plant Uses
Purchasing Individual Passages
Reading passages are sold a la carte at $2.00 per passage. You can find individual passages by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If you plan to purchase more than half of the reading passages from this resource, it is more economical to purchase the entire unit of passages rather than passages individually.
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Reading passages with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).