- Roots and Stems: What do the roots of a plant really do? How do nutrients get all the way to the leaves? This activity teaches students about the parts of a plant and how they function. It includes a student worksheet so students can record their observations.
- Flowers and Seeds: Students dissect a seed to learn about its parts their function. This lesson includes a worksheet where students record their progress and a step by step group leader worksheet with answers and photos of the expected results.
- Stack Photosynthesis: A whole new way to teach photosynthesis! Ever try to teach photosynthesis to a room full of fourth graders? Did they zone out after the first three minutes? Well, no more! Teach the main concepts of photosynthesis in a fun, hands-on, clear and relatable way that gets students learning and playing at the same time.
- Town Meeting (Levels 1 and 2): How do we decide when to cut down a forest to build homes and when to leave it standing? Town Meeting poses resource management questions to students and asks them to work in small groups to consider the environmental impact. This is a great activity for Earth Day or Arbor Day. Level 1 is designed for younger elementary students. Level 2 is designed for upper elementary students. Both levels are included in the Plants Science Pack.
Included in this Plants Themed Science Pack
- Scripted Lesson: Roots and Stems
- Student Worksheet: Roots and Stems
- Scripted Lesson: Flowers and Seeds
- Student Worksheet: Dissecting a Seed
- Group Leader Worksheet: Dissecting a Seed
- Scripted Lesson: Stack Photosynthesis
- Printable: Stack Photosynthesis Display Cards
- Scripted Lesson: Town Meeting - Level 1
- Printable: Level 1 Committee Cards (3 pages, 5 cards)
- Scripted Lesson: Town Meeting - Level 2
- Printable: Level 2 Committee Cards (3 pages, 5 cards)
To see materials lists, standards, and other helpful notes, please download the preview.
Plants Science Bundle | Scripted Afterschool Activities by Curricubits is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.