Also included in
- Here's a collection of thematic math and literacy activities to support your science teaching about plants in the primary grades. Cross-curricular teaching helps your students make connections and supports vocabulary growth! Here are the resources that are included in this bundle:Ms. Cactus' Add and$6.60$8.25Save $1.65
Plants are such an important part of the kindergarten, first grade, and second grade science curriculum in spring. This set of activities will support and enrich your science teaching about plants through cross-curricular math and literacy activities in graphing and writing.
This is a sample from First and Second Grade Science: Data Collection and Writing for Eight Science Themes.
This sample set includes...
* A class graph to be used after you plant seeds with your students. Students will track and compare how long it takes their seed to germinate.
* An independent activity for taking a survey, tallying, graphing, and analyzing data: "Would You Rather Plant a Flower Garden or a Vegetable Garden?".
* A template for persuasive writing: convince a friend to plant a vegetable garden when they'd prefer to grow flowers.
All of these activities are low prep printables. You can also take a screenshot of each page, save as a jpeg, and use digitally with your favorite apps or programs. This resource is also suitable for use with Easel.
This resource is for use by a single classroom and/or teacher. No part of this resource may be posted on a blog (personal or commercial), webpage/site (Amazon Inspire and similar), server, or other location that is accessible by multiple people. They may be posted on your password-protected class website.
Click here to see more cross-curricular activities that will help your students build connections while also helping you make the most of your teaching time!
You’ll also like…
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Click here to follow my store. You'll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺