Also included in
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$73.32$91.65Save $18.33
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are in$67.84$84.80Save $16.96
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
Students will learn how to conduct fair tests and investigations with controls and variables in this unit on plants. Students will learn that plants use air, water and energy to grow. Students will love planning and conducting their own investigation on plants.
This unit begins with phenomena and students use science and engineering practices to investigate what plants need to grow.
This unit includes:
- two slide shows
- lab sheets
- response pages
- answer keys
- a quiz
This resource is designed for NGSS 5-LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes. This resource fully addresses the NGSS standard for 5th grade:
5-LS1-1. Support an argument that plants get the materials they need for growth chiefly from air and water.
Also addresses Utah SEEd 5.3.1
Construct an explanation supported by evidence that plants use air, water, and energy from sunlight to produce plant matter needed for growth. Emphasize photosynthesis at a conceptual level where plant matter comes mostly from air and water and not from the soil.
This resource addresses the following science concepts:
- Plants get the materials they need for growth from air and water
- How to set up an investigation
- Independent variables
- Dependent variables
- Controlled variables
- Fair Tests
- Photosynthesis (introduction)
- Interdependence of animals and plants
Students will use ALL Eight of the Science and Engineering Practices:
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Students will process their ideas in response pages and through interactive notebook flaps.
By Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
If you have questions about my resources please contact me email@example.com
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other NGSS resources: