This is a science unit about Plants and Flowers
. Students will learn about the plant life cycle, parts of a plant, make observations about what plants need, and more! This pack includes 10 experiments with specific, structured, and FUN science journals for each experiment. Each science journal can be printed as a booklet or pasted into any notebook.
Check out the PREVIEW
to get a closer look inside this pack!
☆Students will investigate the following
(journal pages included):
1. How does a plant grow?
2. What do plants need to grow?
3. How does a potato plant grow?
4. Do bugs use plants for shelter?
5. How fast does a bean plant grow?
6. How does a carrot plant grow?
7. Are there different kinds of leaves?
8. Do flowers NEED stems?
9. Which liquid makes a plant grow the most?
10. Art Project: Vegetable Stamps
Students will be asked to:
* illustrate and label new vocabulary
*make predictions, observations, and conclusions
* follow a simple set of steps
*and MUCH MORE!
This pack also contains:
-SEVERAL different kinds of parent letters (to ask for help with supplies and/or introduce this unit)
-Material checklists for each experiment
-Detailed teacher instructions
-Extension activity ideas
PLUS I have added:
Plant Life Cycle Sequencing Cards and a Spring Garden Write the Room Activity! (To check out my entire Write the Room Package see my product: Write the Room Subscription Package
❤️If you LOVE
this, check out these:
• Earth Kindergarten Emergency Sub Plans April
• First Grade Sub Plans April Earth C.C. Aligned + Editable Sub Info Binder
• Nocturnal Animals Non-Fiction Part 1: 7 Student Science Booklets + Writing pgs
• Kindergarten Sub Plans April Plants Print & Go C.C. Aligned + Editable Sub Info
• First Grade Sub Plans April Plants Print & Go C.C. Aligned + Editable Sub Info
Thank you, and enjoy!
Copyright© 2013 Msamyj
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.