Your students will have so much fun creating plastic casein from milk and vinegar with this lab! This is a great lesson to implement during your Earth Day unit, renewable energy unit, recycling unit, and many more! Teach your students to be forward thinkers and have them research topics including microplastics and garbage patches.
A "re-purpose" junkyard lab would be an excellent follow up lesson to this lab.
Get your students thinking about sustainability and reducing pollution to create a better Earth for tomorrow!
- Student Lab Handout
- Teacher Tips Guide (with pictures)
- Links to multimedia resources addressing microplastics and garbage patches
- Discussion questions pertaining to these topics
- An "out of the classroom" activity designed to evaluate biodegradability of casein plastic by bacteria
- A chart detailing the estimated lifespans of products in landfills for deeper discussion
Happy teaching, enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 10 R's OF SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT
Check this zip file tutorial out to see how to open your downloaded products!