This project is a great way for students to finish their study of plate tectonics. In this project, students research, develop and deliver a Google Slides presentation on one of case study disasters. Students then listen to all the presentations and learn from one another.
8 Case Study Sites/Disasters:
The Sumatra-Andaman Earthquake (Indonesia), 2004
Mt Pinatubo, Philippines 1991
Haiti Earthquake - Jan 12, 2010
Kashmir (Pakistan) Earthquake 2005
Eldfell, Iceland Eruption, 1973
Napier (New Zealand) Earthquake 1931
Mount Vesuvius Eruption (Italy) 79 AD
Great Kantō (Japan) earthquake 1923
Zipped File Includes:
- PowerPoint template slides for students to use as the base of their presentation development (these are annotated so that students can work independently)
- Presentation Rubric (Word Doc)
- Presentation Audience Watching Handout (Word Doc)
- Peer Feedback Rubric (Word Doc)
- Teacher instructions and tips (Word Doc)
Practice those research and oral presentation skills in your science class!
21 pages/slides of material.
Requires computers with internet access so students can research their disaster.