This project works well as either an investigation or culminating activity to have students research plate boundary interactions. The desired result is for students to be able to demonstrate understanding of plate boundary types, how they interact with other boundaries.
To maximize products, follow this simple criteria:
- Provide students one class period to complete focused research. Assist students with questions and help them to find relevant information.
- Enforce paraphrasing so students can demonstrate understanding.
- Give about one to one-and-a-half weeks for them make their posters.
- Keep the poster size to half of typical poster board (14" x 22"). This will force them to avoid using distracting images or designs. It's also much easier to store submitted projects.
- You may choose to have students work individually or in pairs. I prefer individual projects for this topic.