Also included in
- This complete unit is a collection of my PLATE TECTONICS resources found in my EARTH SCIENCE CURRICULUM - THE COMPLETE COURSE ~ 5E MODEL and is now being offered as an individual unit for purchase. **PLEASE NOTE – If you have purchased Nitty Gritty Physical Science Bundles in the past, resources f$24.75$27.50Save $2.75
- SCIENCE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK FOR EARTH SCIENCEFinally, an ENTIRE YEAR of Earth Science Interactive Notebook lessons that are aligned to the NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS (NGSS - see below) and will be sure to increase your students engagement in note taking and processing and give you that tool$55.00$68.75Save $13.75
- This Ultimate Bundle features a collection of some of my best-selling Earth Science products that will not only save your sanity with trying to prep, but will also save you OVER 25% off original prices! If you have purchased any Nitty Gritty Earth Science product previously, then check the list bel$160.87$178.75Save $17.88
Introducing the first chapter in the Earth Science Interactive Notebook Series: Plate Tectonics. Each chapter in the series will showcase many activities for the students (both middle and high school) to process the information given by teachers. The engaging activities vary to enable all students to use and benefit from different learning styles.
This download is a chapter from PRE-SALE Bundle of The Complete Earth Science Interactive Notebook.
DOWNLOAD PREVIEW TO SEE EXAMPLES OF ALL PAGES
Plate Tectonics includes the following concepts:
- Earth’s Interior
- Convection and the Mantle
- Continental Drift and Sea-floor Spreading
- Theory of Plate Tectonics
Students will be able to:
- Explain how geologists learn about Earth's inner layers
- Identify the characteristics of Earth's crust, mantle, and core
- Explain how heat is transferred
- Identify what causes convection currents
- Describe convection currents in Earth's mantle
- Explain Wegener's hypothesis about continental drift and the evidence he used
- List evidence of sea-floor spreading
- Explain process of sea-floor spreading and subduction
- Explain theory of plate tectonics
- Describe three types of plate boundaries
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of both the INPUT and OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
• Appendix with Teacher Notes for Interactive Notebook in LARGE print.
Note to Customers: You asked, I listened…check out a new resource that will be introduced with each Earth Science chapter EDITABLE NOTES and CHAPTER TEST!! These are the same notes featured in my Science Interactive Notebooks. Check them out here:
If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!:
Want to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches?
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Booyah! You just started getting down to the Nitty Gritty in Science Education - you will now receive email updates about this store.